All you people look the same to me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy to see there are some divers looking at each other, and not just through their camera lenses! Scappa Scuba does make some cute hoods, but for those of you in the USA, why not consider buying made-in-USA from an American? Check out the many minihoods and hoods at Accessories
Thanx, Chris Summers, owner Terrapin Wetsuits

Terrapin, the crash test dummy hood is great! Can I get that on a 7mm hood? And what size do you reccomend for a male, 6'0, 210#? Currently use a Henderson XL hood.

Very cool hoods from Terrapin and Scappa. I like the Batman, but then I'd have to get my wetsuit emblazoned, and I'm pretty sure the cape would be an entanglement hazard...

Cenote diving in Playa this year, I was last in line for our group of five. Middle of no where, I feel a tug on my fin. I look back, and there's a guy back there. Fortunately, "Pull my finger" and "Pull my fin" are not synonymous...

Clearly a very new diver, let his group get away from him. We stuck him in line in front of me, and a few minutes later his guide and the other person in his group met up with us, coming back to find him.

Like TSandM I mark my fins. I'm in the US now and meant to buy some of those flower or fish or octopus non-slip decals that you can put on bathtubs, but it "slipped" my mind, and now I'm leaving tomorrow (so that goes on the list for next visit). For lack of availability of bathtub decals where I live (bathtubs are uncommon here), I got some reflective silver tape and put a big M on each fin (for Mermaid Marcia). My divers always remark about how easy it is to identify me, even at night, since the tape is easy to see against the dark fins in the daytime and reflects whatever light they shine on the fins from behind.

I have moderate to bland colors for all my gear, more by chance than by choice. Though one of the more creative markings I have seen was on a diver with all nondescript colored gear, everything marked with a large DAPS. Curious as to the meaning, we asked, to which he answered:

Divers Against Pink S***

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom