All you people look the same to me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been wondering about exactly that with divers who use standardized configurations. Do you guys use labels?

One guy on the boat this weekend had a hood with horns on it, so I always knew who that guy was.

This cries out for a picture, o assimilated medical pastry!

People do put their initials(in reflective sticker form) on tanks and things to help identify at the surface, and these are visible underwater. I'm reasonably sure the pair of fins I have are not the ones I originally bought though.

*shrugs*

Doing drift dives in mixed groups here all ther time, I think it can be just as confusing with everyone wearing different stuff as it must be when everyone is a standardized all-black DIR Borg drone.

I find it useful to have some identifying mark on the bottom-side of your fins. Also, YourBagTag.com has some nice nametags for a BC strap and tanks that I use. These are just nylon webbing with embroidered lettering and velcro so they apply & remove easily and can also thus be used with rental gear. They even have the ScubaBoard logo available, too.

What's really fun is to have four or five DIR teams in the water on a night dive. Everybody in drysuits, backplates, Jet fins, black masks, and with HID lights. It can be pretty hard to figure out who you came to the party with! I'm a big fan of having something distinctive about ones gear or clothing -- you can recognize me with the white doubles and the orange wing, or by the hibiscus flower decals on my fins.

You mean y'all don't have your tanks marked! :shocked2:

Holy crap thats awesome! I MUST HAVE ONE!

Check out some of the hoods on this site:

New Scapa Scuba

V cool. But probably not DIR. :depressed:

hoodmain.jpg

We have a very popular wreck dive in the BVI, and it is not uncommon for 6 or 7 groups of divers to be on it at peak times. Instructors complain all the time that divers just randomly reattach themselves to another group. A friend of mine (big, male, bald) even bought a pink lycra suit to try and prevent tourists in his group losing him, but to no avail.

At the end of the dives, divers in the "wrong" boat have to then swim back to their original boats in a modified version of the "walk of shame".

I am so a proponent of having distinctive color/gear markings , especially for night dives
I have a Think Pink band on my BC, and a fluorescent yellow mask strap, and a kind distinctive fin color

Rhone Man .. I love that hood :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom