Alligator reef x2 8-2-13 (plenty of pix...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The seas were just fantastic today(Lake Atlantic). Looks like it is staying great for the next couple of days. Viz was 40/50 feet much better from the surface
Water temp on the computer read 85

2 turtles mating on the surface

During our surface interval two F-18 fighter planes did a barrel roll right over us.(So low we could see the cockpit!!) really exciting.

P1015631_edited-1.jpgP1015648_edited-1.jpgP1015649_edited-1.jpgP1015656_edited-1.jpgP1015661_edited-1.jpgP1015663_edited-1.jpgP1015667_edited-1.jpgP8020004_edited-1.jpgP8020007_edited-1.jpgP8020015_edited-1.jpgP8020047_edited-1.jpgP8020049_edited-1.jpgP8020051_edited-1.jpgP8020054_edited-1.jpgP8020057_edited-1.jpg

Wouldn't you figure? I dove with 3-5 ft. seas two weeks ago :banghead:

I was praying for JUST ONE day like the one you experienced today. But there's always next time...

Wouldn't you figure? I dove with 3-5 ft. seas two weeks ago :banghead:

I was praying for JUST ONE day like the one you experienced today. But there's always next time...

When I read your reports I felt bad. I remember before we moved here, we booked a whole week of diving in KW and were not able to dive one time

It's just the luck of the draw. But I am consoled by the fact that since I started diving, this was the first time I have encountered consistently bad weather during an entire dive trip. It was bound to happen sooner or later, so we just made the most of it and I stayed heavily medicated when it was time to get on the boat :coolingoff: Rainbow Reef did a really great job handling the conditions safely. Last July we were there with a couple of friends and we enjoyed the most beautiful, relaxing dives I could imagine. We dove the Spiegel Grove on a day that was SO clear and perfect...there wasn't even any current! It was the most incredible dive on that magnificent vessel. So I'm just remembering how great things can be and realizing it's not gonna be that way every time :D But hopefully NEXT time will be more like LAST time :D

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2013 at 10:31 PM ----------

When I read your reports I felt bad. I remember before we moved here, we booked a whole week of diving in KW and were not able to dive one time

Wish you would have contacted me...we had plenty of gumbo :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom