Almost complete? Just starting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khblair:
since so many posts were lost, if you would like to repost your accomplishments, please do so.

I completed my Divemaster program 2 weeks ago. Yea!!!

Congratulations! See you in the I2I forums soon!

On Monday I have to do the equipment exchange and skills in the pool and then hands on dive with students. I am glad the testing part is done. As long as you read the books they recommend then you are ready. No trick questions.

I am not sure what I plan on doing when my DM program is completed. I just loved learning and reading the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving. I know most wont agree but the DM class is a great class for advanced diving (to explore and learn). I am a better diver because of the class.

I still have a long way to go...I have done my 15 minute float/tread, equipment exchange, 20 skills evaluation, 3 tests, and 3 knowledge reviews. The rest still has to be done. I work every day, so it slows me down, not to mention the fact that I was travelling for 2 months as well.

I liked the way my DM instructor worked around the candidates' work schedules. The easiest part for me was the float/tread. The physics made me really study. I wondered about the section on the wheel. I passed this section without difficulty but have been told the wheel is not going to be used soon.

My instructor recommends asking if you can use one of examiners wheel's during the IE. It seems as you have already found out not all wheels read the same.

OK so here we are in the pool finishing up the required pool skills on Monday evening and everything that can go wrong with equipment did go wrong. My reg failed and that was the worst but best part. After not panicing and go for octo I just took care of the situation. It was easy to use a different reg. each divemaster candidate had 2 extras except me. Guess my next purchase is another reg. Everyone in the pool said they felt a bit off but we completed the skills in a fashion that any ow student could model after.

Congratulations on completing the pool skills. It really does make you think from an instructor point of view, and lets you know real quick what skills you need to practice!

What I need to practice is job resumes, in order to support my expensive underwater habit. My next purchase was going to be a camera but now it will be a new reg. Since my mask did not fit properly when I was in my first ow class (newbie) I learned the mask flood quite well. A few techniques were different than the instructor's but still within standards and quality that can be used with OW students. I also did the skills the way the instructor wanted.

Doing the Rescue Class part of my DMC this weekend. All I have left after that will be a couple of Discover Scuba classes and that @!#@ 400 swim I'm SO looking forward to...NOT! But I am almost done!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom