almost done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horsemen

Contributor
Reaction score
tomorrow we do pool work mods 3-5 then Sunday we do the boat ow dive we did the beach dive last weekend and we are going to do 3 dives Sunday and we will be done

hope everything go well i know doing the buddy breathing and stuff ill be a little nervous i know i can clear them out but not used to it yet and each time i always think the worse. i know its just nerves of thinking i going to do something wrong and fail i feel like i back in high school on the eve of taking the sats lol

horsemen:
tomorrow we do pool work mods 3-5 then Sunday we do the boat ow dive we did the beach dive last weekend and we are going to do 3 dives Sunday and we will be done

hope everything go well i know doing the buddy breathing and stuff ill be a little nervous i know i can clear them out but not used to it yet and each time i always think the worse. i know its just nerves of thinking i going to do something wrong and fail i feel like i back in high school on the eve of taking the sats lol

Are you doing classic buddy breathing, all with one second stage?

When a lot of the regulator remove and replace drills are done you get to take a nice breath and do your thing and life is good. If you have not tried doing this with a less than full breath then doing so may be a good confidence booster and valuable skill.

Starting in the shallow end get down in the water and exhale with or with out your regulator in your mouth. If you kept it then remove it. Now replace it, pop the purge and draw a cautions breath. Practice until you can recover from the low end of your lung volume. Be sure to start in the shallow end where you can always surface easilly if you skip a beat. It's probably a good idea to let an instructor know you want to do this. And this assumes that this was not an already taught skill. When you're comfortable progress to the deep end.

This should leave you with a good confidence in regulator R&R and with that under your belt buddy breathing is just coordination and concentration.

Oh..... have a great time this weekend!

Pete

the buddy breathing had a low point today our class is a group of 3 so me and the first buddy we did fine the next time i was with the other student and i gave the out of air sing..."had air turned off so we wouldn't know who was going to be out of air when "well my buddy took about 5-7 sec to reach for his back up felt like forever by that time i was out of breath and had mouth ful of water. didn't know how to purge the back up because it didn't have a purge button and i had no breath left to clear it out need less to say i went to the top i know i shouldn't done that. my teach went up with me and said i can't do that in 50 ft deep of water i was like ya i know sorry. didn't think of it then but if you don't have a purge button and out of air how do you clear it? ill ask tomorrow but just wondering now in case i for get to ask tomorrow

horsemen:
the buddy breathing had a low point today our class is a group of 3 so me and the first buddy we did fine the next time i was with the other student and i gave the out of air sing..."had air turned off so we wouldn't know who was going to be out of air when "well my buddy took about 5-7 sec to reach for his back up felt like forever by that time i was out of breath and had mouth ful of water. didn't know how to purge the back up because it didn't have a purge button and i had no breath left to clear it out need less to say i went to the top i know i shouldn't done that. my teach went up with me and said i can't do that in 50 ft deep of water i was like ya i know sorry. didn't think of it then but if you don't have a purge button and out of air how do you clear it? ill ask tomorrow but just wondering now in case i for get to ask tomorrow

i didnt see how to edit this ok i asked about the clearing with out a purge come to find out the gear i had didnt work well my alt stage 2 purge didnt work thats why i thought it didnt have one so they changed that out and thats taken care of

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom