Alright NFL guys....this is what we want!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
From ESPN.com.....the 38 things NFL fans want to see this season....

We want the Kansas City-Oakland game on Oct. 20 to show no crowd shots. We know Raider fans like to dress up, so let's move on, OK?

We want the Cleveland-Cincinnati game Dec. 28 to be played in a king-hell snowstorm.

We want Michael Vick to heal quickly. If not, we want Doug Johnson to throw for 4,500 yards.

We want Chad Pennington to heal quickly. If not, we want Vinny Testaverde to throw for 5,000.

We want one story, and that's all we ask, about the Dallas Cowboys that references neither Bill Parcells nor Jerry Jones.

We want Al Davis and Paul Tagliabue to get caught in the back room of a restaurant and have to admit they've both been kidding all these years.

We want Sam Mills to get better.

We want the officials to be wired to car batteries that are timed to send a few businesslike volts through them every time they spend more than 15 seconds in a conference.

OK, 20 seconds, but that's as high as we go.

We want the sideline reporters to tell us, "Sorry, got nothing for you here. We never have anything for you. Now let's go back to the booth for the rest of eternity."

We want Jeremy Shockey to have almost as good a year as Tony Gonzalez, Alge Crumpler or Todd Heap.

We want one quarterback to call his own plays, and win.

We want someone to explain why Peerless Price got more attention after he was traded from Buffalo to Atlanta than before.

We want Willis McGahee to play -- until then, we want to watch Travis Henry in peace.

We want the old turf at Veterans Stadium shipped to Iraq and turned into a six-lane highway.

We want Bill Romanowski to stop needing to apologize so often.

We want Jack Del Rio to have more fun this fall than he had this summer.

We want Priest Holmes to win the rushing title and not say, "Well, I told you so." We just want him to smile knowingly.

We want Julian Peterson to take a few turns at wide receiver.

We want Mike Vanderjagt to win a couple of games for Indianapolis.

We want Bill Cowher to have at least one great running-off-the-field-after-the-game rant at an official.

We want the next governor of poverty-enhanced California to pledge that he will never let a team come into L.A., but would export the three teams he has for the right price.

Coach Mike Holmgren continues to be a big fan of the job GM Bob Ferguson is doing in the Seahawks' front office.
We want Mike Holmgren to say, "We really improved ourselves at general manager."

We want the Giants to promise never, ever to change their uniforms again.

We want the Rams to change their uniforms back as quickly as possible.

We want Daniel Snyder to say, "Oh, the hell with it. Just call me Dan."

We want the Chargers to win one of their last four games, just to quell the rumors that they only get paid through Thanksgiving.

We want the 49ers to stop saying their new stadium plan is coming along nicely.

We want the Dolphins' season not to be about Dave Wannstedt.

We want Joey Porter to be Comeback Player of the Year.

We want the Lions to win one game away from home this year -- even if it means playing Michigan State in East Lansing.

We want the Colts to score in a playoff game. After that, they're on their own.

We want Mike Shanahan to relax his jaw before his face explodes and showers the field with bolts, springs and screws.

We want Drew Henson to find his happiness, even if it means being a Houston Texan.

We want the phrase "The Eli Manning Sweepstakes" to be banned entirely.

We want the Arizona Cardinals to get to the Super Bowl, and Bill Bidwill to be held up at the gate by security.

We want noticeable playing time for Armegis Spearman, Ovie Mughelli, Hank Poteat, Robaire Smith, R-Kal Truluck, N.D. Kalu, Peppi Zellner, Artose Pinner, Bhawoh Jue, Johndale Carty, Jerametrius Butler, Isaiah Kacyvenski and R-Kal Truluck, again.

And finally, we want the Super Bowl pre-game show to go on pay-per-view, so we can miss it with an even clearer conscience.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

We want Chad Pennington to heal quickly. If not, we want Vinny Testaverde to throw for 5,000.

Niether one is gonna happen ;-0

Go Bengals!!!

And finally, we want the Super Bowl pre-game show to go on pay-per-view, so we can miss it with an even clearer conscience.

LOL- There's a pre game show :confused:

The Autumn wind is a pirate, blustering in from sea,

with a rollicking song he sweeps along swaggering boisterously,

his face is weather beaten, he wears a hooded sash

with a silver hat about his head and a brissling black mustache

he growls as he storms the country, a villain big and bold,

and the trees all shake and quiver and quake as he robs them of their gold,

The autumn wind is a RAIDER pillaging just for fun,

he'll knock you round and upside down and laugh when he's conquered and won

(its on kazaa)

Course most of mine are centered around the home team...

We want the Rams special teams to remember the basics of tackling - i.e. wrap the guy up - don't just grab his legs.

We want Mike Martz to learn to use time outs wisely.

We want Kurt Warner to make it through a season without a broken pinky, thumb, etc.

totalangel once bubbled...

We want Kurt Warner to make it through a season without a broken pinky, thumb, etc.
Too late, I heard he got a hang nail last week...

How long before Junior Seau gets hurt with the Dolphins. I give him only 3 quarters this year. He'll strain his right pinky tow tendon and be out for 1-16 weeks.

Only 4,895 more to go ;-0

That game was almost as painful as Mofo's Raider poetry :D

I have The Autumn Wind on at least one of my NFL Films CDs. In fact, I have most of the music you hear on NFL Films on these CDs.

actually that wasn't "my" poetry its the real words to "Autumn Wind" the Raiders fight song you always hear. The words are spoken by John Facenda (you know his voice from NFL Films)

do a Kazaa search and it will come right up

*LAST NIGHT*

Well when you have 2nd and 1 driving for the game winning field you should be able to convert it for a first down.

But the Jets didn't

Whose fault was it?
Whats that old saying "succecess has a hundred parents, failure is an orphan"

Of course everyone contributes to either a won or loss but the Jets Coaching Staff made some terrible play calls

The Jets players out the team in a position to win, but those play calls were terrible

All in all it was a great game to start the season

And though Washington won, they did OK but not great

One question for Daniel Snyder, Danny, whats up with a tie at a football game? At least loosen your collar.

Back
Top Bottom