Alternative to Chuck Taylors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4sak3n

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a workaround for rock boots and decided to try the Chuck Taylors that everyone suggests to go over drysuit socks.

Unfortunately they don't come in my size here in South Africa. I wear size 12 shoes and CTs only come up to size 10.

Does anyone use any other types of shoes with their drysuits? If so, which ones?

Many thanks.

Chuck Taylors are available up to size 15 here in the US, so if you want Chucks, you could try to order online (although the shipping may be unreasonable). I'm wearing size 12 Chucks w/ my drysuit these days, but may go up to a 13 so I can add another pair of thick socks in the winter. Compared to standard US sizing, Chucks run about 1/2 size large, so keep that in mind when ordering.

Well in case anyone is interested I managed to find a pair of Chucks in my size. Turns out I had to go a size up to (UK) size 13 which is, I think, about a 14 in US size. Still, you know what they say about men with big feet

they need to buy big shoes! :blinking:

None of the local distributors had a size greater than size 10 but I found an American imports shop which had bigger sizes. So, long story short, I have my Chuck Taylors now and I'll try them out this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion ColinB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom