Alternative To Liquivision Lynx Battteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve_619

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Liquivisions batteries are insanely high priced. The manual says the Lynx can use a green ICR16340 rechargeable battery. Since I cannot find any green ICR16340 batteries, will any of the other ICR16340 batteries be safe to use? Am I correct to assume they are just a rewraped battery with their own logo?

I found several that are the same 650mAh, 3.7v ICR 16340 battery. Just wanted to be sure before I pull the trigger.

I mean I'm not going to tell you not to use it but in theory if it is the same capacity and voltage - it should work. It's a battery - they are predictable in that we know the physics behind them. If the stats are exactly the same it will work. You may void your warranty but I'd do it if I were in your position.

I mean I'm not going to tell you not to use it but in theory if it is the same capacity and voltage - it should work. It's a battery - they are predictable in that we know the physics behind them. If the stats are exactly the same it will work. You may void your warranty but I'd do it if I were in your position.

2x
Just tried some ER17335's (note the lack of the "M"). Was very specific in my search to match voltage and specs. Not that I'm condoning it: the ones I have are significantly less expensive and they do pass power-up tests and pass the internal battery test and have included them in my kit.
I've read that some state that the K2 LFP123A can also be replaced with a generic (less expensive) brand.

If I were concerned about warranty: I'd bite the bullet and get the Liquivision branded ones. These are in my kit for if/when the LQ batteries die (think save a dive lol). I also carry along a second watch tucked away in a pocket.

I have been using four Efest 16340 700 mAh flat top batteries from IMRbatteries.com. They have worked perfectly in my newer Xeo computer as well as my older Xen bottom timer. The flat top version is an easier fit in the Liquivision battery holder. It's important to get unprotected cells to keep the battery from being too long to fit in the holder.

Back
Top Bottom