Alternative to Photoshop for correction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have them all but I love Paint Shop Pro 9 don't much care for the X version, Photo Shop is to hard to use. Elements does not do enough. Owning a computer store has its perks!

banana:
Thanks for the replies. I have windows at work, so I'm thinking I'll try Picasa and see how that goes. If that doesn't work, I'll try Elements or maybe GIMP. Great suggestions.

I can spare 100, but 600 bones for PS is a bit much for me right now.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
banana :)
For my money (and not a lot of it) BreezeBrowzer Pro if you are working with RAW files and PaintShop Pro 9 or 10 whichever you can find will do a fine job for you. That should get you to the $100.00 level too! :D

P.S. those are all I use.

Apple's new Aperture software is designed from the beginning to work with RAW images. It is already being used by many professionals and will do just about anything. They just lowered the price on it but it is still more than Photoshop Elements. You won't outgrow it though! It rocks!

Thomjinx

thomjinx:
Apple's new Aperture software i.....and will do just about anything.
Thomjinx

Will do "just about anything" Really? No, I have to disagree. It is not even intened to be an "image editor" There is no abilty to make selections, to make masks or add layers. It laks pen and brushes, doge, burn and other tools you might want to use with a graphics tablet. It can't do the kinds of things that Gimp, PS and Elements can do. Nothing wrong with this. Aperture was simply not intendded to compete with PS. It's different although there is some overlap

ChrisA,

You are right. I agree that Aperture is no substitute for Photoshop. But the OP was asking about color correction and especially if you are woking with RAW format Aperture will do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom