Altitude diving with MARES M1 RGBM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimclarke

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does any one know??

In the altitude mode does the computer
1) assume that a diver has acclimatised (desaturated) at altitude before commencing the dive.
OR 2) assume that the diver begins the dive with a sea level nitrogen loading?

Many thanks in advance.

Jim

PS Despite the buttons I am pleased with the computer so far mostly because I am not bent.

I don't have a Mares, but I think that all altitude automatic computers are based on starting up with the diver clean from decompression of altitude ascent. Just don't turn it on until you get there - and wait a few hours before diving. I don't remember how many? My altitude dives only have a 1,500 ft increase when I go to Santa Rosa NM, and most of that happens two hours before I get there. Takes me another hour to get in the water.

I am not sure how the M1 works, but I have a Nemo, and I can clear the tissue data. But remember your standard "rules" when acending to altitude and if the M1 is anything like the Nemo, you have alt setting, make sure you set these correctly before diving. I would also asume that your M1 would take into account your nitrogen loading if you had done a dive before.

I would suggest you post this in the manufactures area, the Mares guy normaly gets back to you quickly.

Thanks for you thoughts

Jim

Back
Top Bottom