Review Alvaro, alwaysdiving.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve just returned from a 7 day trip to Cancun. After reading many reviews on ScubaBoard and others, I decide to book three days with alwaysdiving.com.

My history: I have been certified OW (Nov. 95), AOW (Aug. 96) and have open water dives on both coasts in Mexico, including Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, and the freshwater Cenotes. Unfortunately, diving as been a sporadic activity, due to job relocations and diving partner availability.

Last week I took my young family to Cancun for the week, and subsequently booked three days diving with Alvaro Gonzalez. I expressed to him the need to start with a day of easier dives so I could feel comfortable underwater again. He produced a schedule for three days of diving that I will remember for the rest of my life. A day at Cenote Dos Ojos, a day at Cenotes Zapote and Maravilla, and familiar territory drift diving Santa Rosa wall and Paradise Reef in Cozumel.

Its hard to describe the instruction Alvaro provided me, simply because I haven’t experienced a dive master, guide, instructor/mentor at his level before this time. I expressed to him my goal of always diving safe and feeling comfortable underwater with my buoyancy and equipment choices. He nicely made suggestions on how to help with my real or perceived inadequacies, changes to my BCD setup, and changes to my regulators without being pushy.

Everything was smooth with our dives. His English is excellent, email communication is excellent, keeps a tight schedule every morning, and arrives cheerful and happy. Lastly, he knows where to get the best local food along Mexican Highway 307!

Alvaro has inspired me to fall in love again with diving as I did during a Discover Scuba dive in 1993. He gave me renewed confidence in my diving, and new skills to work on. Highly recommended!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom