Am I getting carried away?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongo1998

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a RX-100 with two strobes and want to add a gopro on it with two sola 1200 lights. Am I getting too carried away on a system that isn't a dslr?

If you are having fun with the RX-100, if it suits your needs and you can afford it: no, otherwise: yes :D

Why not just add the lights and use the RX100 to record video? It does 1080p @ 60fps.

I agree with James R... just use the RX100 to take video (after adding the Sola 1200s)

I have a friend that has a gopro and I have a RX100. We both take videos. Everytime we compare videos, he is not a happy camper :)

Yea I could, I guess I was thinking that I could take pictures and record video at the same time. Would that work? I also thought that the gopro with a red filter would take better video. I'm still learningto take really good pictures. I'm open to suggestions and advice.

It can be done. It works very well. I don't have sola 1200s but I do have gobe 700s and a RX-100M2

camera.jpg

Yea I could, I guess I was thinking that I could take pictures and record video at the same time. Would that work?

It would significantly degrade the quality of both your video and your pictures, add a bunch of task loading, and make the rig unwieldy.

Taking good still images requires careful attention to ambient and artificial light sources, composition, and angles. Taking good video requires smooth tracking of a target which is most likely to be also moving, and careful framing and panning.

Doing both at the same time isn't a great idea, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom