Amazon eero mesh network & Ubiquiti Point-to-Point Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After that I guess I need to change my laptop BACK to the original IP address?

Do I have to be hard wired into it or will it go wirelessly?

Just set it back to automatic/DHCP addresses.

I generally did this step wired, unless I had a lab network setup with the 192.168.1 network made to ease setup.

Got it --- there were really no settings I thought I should change.
Do you ever change the IP address of the equipment for any reason?

The Access Point still has the original IP address that it came with. 192.168.1.21

In that case you need to bring it into your network, set the IP inside your 192.168.4 network. It is best to assign bridges a static IP. So you need to log into your router to see the DHCP leave range, and pick one for each bridge device outside that range.

Ok just went over this again.

You already have a set of LOCOM5s setup for your existing building?

And now you have another building you want to add?

Or are you attempting to get the first set working?

The bridge is working fine. I was just looking to configure them.

Ubiquiti is a product for commercial installations, not really for your basic homeowner type. The eeros make it very easy to configure the routers / access points, and do a superb job of switching clients from AP to AP. If it were me I would run plain old Ethernet cable (6e or whatever the current type is) in PVC pipe. 50 meters isn't that long in terms of Ethernet, and then you don't have to worry about line of sight or whether the problem is with your bridge or access point. Of course, you do have to worry about someone taking an ax to your cable or running it over, but that tends to be a lot easier to diagnose. Walk along your conduit and look for a hole. Not that point-to-point wireless can't be reliable as well, but the hardline is simpler in a lot of ways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom