Ambar and 1.5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevis Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When we dove the week after T'giving, we happened upon a place called Ambar Lounge...very cool. We spent a couple of evenings there after dinner totally relaxing in their "yard" in the back.

There seems to be another "lounge" in Cozumel called 1.5. Does anyone know if they have opened since Wilma? We are returning in March and wanted to check it out.:14:

I'm pretty sure that 1.5 hasn't reopened yet. I think I saw a photo here that showed it was in pretty bad shape.

1.5 was VERY badly hit by Wilma. I bicycled past it yesterday and saw, for the first time, workers in the parking lot just beginning reconstruction. The owners also own Acuario, the restaurant next door. It was similarly hit and requires much work before re-opening. I didn't stop to ask the workers which property they were working on first. Acuario is a personal favorite, so I'm hoping (sorry) they are first.

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

That's too bad. I can't wait see the improvements in March (but I'll have to). At least I know I can go to Ambar and chill at night....right after Prima's.

Thanks,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom