Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleterry

Contributor
Reaction score
I am make a trip to Ambergris Caye, Belize to dive with my sons for a few days in July. Most of the recommendations I have recieved are to stay at Playa Blanca and dive wiht Gaz Cooper (I understand Gaz is a member of this board), or stay at the Radison and dive with Hugh Parkley.

My sons are newer divers, and I am looking for s smaller and more personable operation.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

kyle

Hi Kyle

I wanted to let you know that there is not a more personal dive resort in Belize than here at Playa Blanca Dive & Beach Club.

The whole focus of my dive resort is to stay small and only take 6-8 divers per diveboat MAX and only operate 2 diveboats and to provide a very personal dive experience.

We only have 8 accomodations and are a small and unique

I am sure you will find it a very suitable resort for you and your sons.

i hope to see you in Belize soon

Mid july is very busy at this time and we are full up to the 21st July and then we have openings

best regards and feel free to e-mail me at gaz@btl.net if you have any concerns of questions.

Best regards

Gaz Cooper
Playa Blanca Dive & Beach Club

I too am going to Ambergris Caye, next weekend in fact... I have never been there, but I am booked at the Sunbreeze, with some sort of dive package attached (my Girlfriend made the arrangements, so I don't have many details yet). I only discovered this forum a few days ago, and wish I had seen it sooner!

Gaz, it sounds like you have quite a handle on the haps out there, can you give any tips to someone on the way? I am VERY new to diving (getting my OWC this weekend), and really have no idea what to expect.

I wonder if anyone knows a way to find out what conditions are like there? I guess it will be fairly warm, probably kinda rainy, etc., but how about dive conditions?

Well, have a great trip, it seems I will just miss you there, but when I get back I will try to post a trip report, maybe you will see it before you go!

Hi

It may be too late since you posted this 6 days agao anyway condition are real dreary here right now with a tropical wave over us, lots of rain and clouds but should be gone by wednesday.

Water temp is still 80 and seas are moderate to rough.

Have a great time

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom