Ambergris Caye in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanurse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,
I will be traveling to Ambergris Caye in March and would like suggestions for places to eat, party and dive. We will be staying in San Pedro at Aquamarina Suites and diving with aqua dives. I wish I had visited the board before making reservations. I might have chosen a different dive operator. Didn't realize aqua dives was not a small operation. I am relatively new to diving and feel more comfortable with small groups. Oh well, live and learn! Will be traveling with my husband and another couple who all dive. Are most things in San Pedro within walking distance. Are there any restaurants that are not all tourist oriented. Also I read that we will be traveling during no lobster season does this mean we cannot purchase or eat lobster during our trip? Look forward to hearing from anyone whoe has been to Ambergris Caye.

Thanks Vickie

Just about everything in San Pedro is within walking distance, especially considering that there are very few cars.

Oh and it will be conch season while you are there I think. Try that, its good.

Hi

As already mentioned most places are within walking distance from where you are staying one of the best restaurants is Capricorn and its a dont miss

Make sure you book early as it fills up even in quiet times on the island you can also go to a new website called www.belizediscounts.com and print out a coupon which offers a free appetizer at capricorn when you visit.

Unfortunately outside of Lobster season it is illegal to have in your possesion any lobster and fines are stiff ($500 per tail) if caught so you will not find any restaurant that serves lobster.

You will have a great time

Gaz

i will be heading down there this friday morning...will be staying at 2 places.

Los Encantos for two nights, January 17th and 18th, then
move to Carlstrom House January 19th and 20th.

both are beach front villas.

i'll hopefully have a bunch of details and reports when i get back next week...

Its been a couple of years, but the conch ceviche at Fido's is not to be missed (with a bit of Marie Sharps to add tang), dinner at Elvi's at least once is a must, San Pedro's finest dining, and with a live tree as the centerpiece. Party everywhere, but largest is likely Capt Morgan's. Dive everywhere! And for a day trip, I highly recommend the trip inland to the Lamanai ruins. The trip to and from is an adventure with some Mayan Ruins thrown in where you turn around to come back! :wink:

Consider Gaz Coopers. Have heard good things about him and some of his actions on this board have been well...down right noble :) Ask Petra about him.

http://www.divebelize.com/divebelize/welcome.html

Cherry

Hope to hear there some time this year too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom