Ambergris Caye - Sundiver Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stargirl

Registered
Reaction score
I just recently started using this forum, so I didn't post this last year when we were there. I just wanted to put in a good word for the Sundiver Beach Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize.

I highly recommend this place! The Sundiver is a great place to stay. It is really beautiful and kind of remote! It's excellent for couples or people that just want to kick back after diving. I wouldn't recommend it for singles or someone that wants a lot of action, as it is kind of far from town (about a 25-minute boat ride). It's a small, quaint resort with about 11 rooms. Some have kitchens, some don't. They also have villas that families or groups can rent. These are very nice too. Both areas have pools. There is a restaurant and a palapa bar by the pool/beach. Michael is a great bartender! :)

They have a really nice beach and the reef is about a half mile out from shore. They have kayaks that you can use. We would take one out almost daily to the reef and tie it up to a buoy that was out there. The snorkeling is really great out there - ranges from 2-12 feet deep. Large coral head, lots of fish, some nurse sharks. My husband also did some spearfishing. Their restaurant will cook it up for you at a minimal cost.

I cannot say enough about the staff - they are awesome! A lady named Tazmara and her mother, Katherine own the resort. They will provide you with a package deal price based on whatever kind of vacation you desire. We were married at their resort last year (just the two of us) and so they did a package for us that included all the details for that. We stayed for 11 days, did 10 dives (Amigos Del Mar -see other post), got married, sailed on a chartered catamaran (just the two of us) - snorkeled at Shark/Ray Alley, visited Caye Caulker, visited the mayan ruins (Lamanai) on the mainland, and just relaxed on the beautiful beach. This is a first rate operation. You're not just a number there - they treat you like family. We're definitely going back!

Their website is www.sundiverbeach.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom