Ambon - Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I have had some mails with that Mr.John Sidjibat who was at some time uselessly taking care of Blue Rose Marketing. At the time he started to interfere into my relationships with Blue Rose i knew that was over. To put it simple, this guy is highly unreliable and a joke : his only use was to inflate the prices and intriduce more chaos into the organization, so that I was at one day waiting at Laha wharf for my diveboat that never came.

I suggest you complain to the owner of Blue Rose, M.Augustinus Tanumiharjo. PM me if you want the mails.

Contacted Augustinus, who was mortified, as you would expect having his operation so damaged by this individual. The mails would help, please, to hughrster@gmail.com.

Pity there aren't any direct flights to Ambon from Australia anymore.

I just wanted to say I had a great time with Blue Rose Divers this April they meet me at the airport with no problems. I found that texting works very well for a fast response as for email sometimes it not very good. I stayed at Collin Beach Hotel which is very close by.

I am going back to Ambon this Febuary and also to dive Banda.

I booked Blue Rose with a couple of emails and said when I was coming and they offered to pick us there meet and greet service which worked out fine. As for Collin Beach I booked thru Agoda.

I have contacted Blue Rose regarding my return trip I email them at bluerosedivers@gmail.com and got a response. When I am there I just use my cell phone and will text them to tell them that my flight is on time.

As for Banda I will be diving with Blue Motion emails work well. I think the reason they both use blue in there names is because that water is blue and when I was there very good vis.

I hope this helps.

Regarding cell phones I would recommend purchasing ($25 )one over there. If you are diving on one the islands and they are going to pick you with there boat it is nice to tell them that you have finallly arrived at correct dock.

I really like Ambon. Yes, there is a lot of rubbish but there are also a lot of critters and compared to Lembeh not that many divers. Last year I had some fantastic dives with Dive Blue Motion (basic but very cheap and personal) so I wanted to go back this year. In October we spent again a few days in Ambon. This time we dived with Maluku Divers and were a bit disappointed (price for value, etc.). But still: yes for me Ambon is totally worth it. Will try to write a short trip report with pictures soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom