Amphibico EVO HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm considering this housing for my HC1 and HC7 camcorders especially that either housing (HC1 or HC7) will accommodate both according to amphibico.
What are the impressions regarding this housing?
I've seen a few posts that states that they are not too balanced underwater with lights attached?
Thank you
Paul

I like mine, it's built like a tank. I've used it about 2 years now with my HC1 without any problems. It balances nicely in the water, I generally hold it in one hand and I can't recall ever feeling like I'm fighting it to maintain the proper viewing position. It's about 1lb. heavy u/w so next trip I'm going to remove the trim weights to see if I can get it more neutral as I also use an extended battery which makes it slightly heavier.

I have an early EVO so mine doesn't have the LCD. I think I prefer that since what happens if the LCD fails on a trip somewhere. Which I read here has happened once.

I don't have lights so can't comment on the balance. The mounts are on top near the front so that's possible I guess. I'd think it more depends on whether your lights are negative or not.

Thank you Steve . From older posts I understand that you have or had a used Seacam, what is your take on Seacam housings compared to EVO?
Thank you
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom