Amphibico VH1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foamer86

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the Amphibico VH1000 with the sony Sony DCR-VX1OOO? I want to know what peoples opinions on it are. Also if anyone has any specs on the Sony DCR-VX1OOO, as well as where i could purchase one. I could'nt find any info on sony's site.

Thanks
Craig

foamer86:
Has anyone ever used the Amphibico VH1000 with the sony Sony DCR-VX1OOO? I want to know what peoples opinions on it are. Also if anyone has any specs on the Sony DCR-VX1OOO, as well as where i could purchase one. I could'nt find any info on sony's site.

Thanks
Craig
I don't think you'll find a review of it anywhere anymore, it's a pretty old camcorder. There's a brief review on camcorderinfo.com.

I used one around 1996-7 and it's a great camcorder, but less than ideal for diving. The low-light visibility leaves a lot to be desired so plan on shooting with lights under anything but bright conditions. And it's pretty big so you'd have a lot more housing to move around.

If I recall the CCD is only about 400k too, so you might be better off with a newer Sony.

Mine was also pretty hard on batteries, but that could have been my fault, I'm not the best at battery maintenance.

There's a guy on eBay who refurbs/resells them along with some other older models.

Thanks for the info, does anyone happen to know whether or not that housing can get upgraded to the DCR-VX2100, because if that is the case i might still go ahead and buy it for now and upgrade later

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom