An SMB that's not expensive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the DAN one Dan Signal Tube discounts on sale ScubaToys . 60 seems a pretty good price compared to the 140 that scuba . com wants for what seems to be the same thing. The DRIS one for 40.00 looks good too, i just liked the extras (mirror,whistle) in the DAN.

On a side note i have to say i don't understand the logic of paying quite a lot for Certification courses, trips and gear and then balking at paying 40 - 80.00 for a necessary piece of safety equipment.

It's more of a theoretical problem with the price. I just don't like feeling like someone is fleecing me, and $40-50 is a lot more reasonable to me than $80-100. I'll get one now that I know it's important (and why). I just won't get the most expensive one out there.

Sometimes it's not just the money. It's what offers quality, is visible and what works best for you. I've been using a large closed circuit DAM from Halcyon for a number of years now. Since I need to send it up on the majority of my dives, I was willing to spend the money for what had the features i wanted worked best for me when came to shooting it.
MSRP about a buck and a quarter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom