anchor pic ideas/pictures needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11x

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
hello, i am going to the coopers river in july and i have been reading that some divers use some sort of pick to anchor them selfs in the current while they search for stuff. i have acess to a full machine shop and was thinking of taking a piece of round stock and turning it down to make a sort of pick with a handle and drilling and tapping the handel for a eye bolt to have a place to tie into. i was imagining using a 5-10 ft teather. the plan would be to anchor on the bottom and slowly crawel down stream searching for fossiles. when i hit the end of my teather i can swim up to it, pull it,swim 10ft further and anchor and repeat? what do you all think? do you have any ideas or pictures of similar devices? thanks

11x I found this link awhile back but he has some excellent ideas on rigs for river diving. You may find what your looking for there.
River Diving Equipment

hello, i am going to the coopers river in july and i have been reading that some divers use some sort of pick to anchor them selfs in the current while they search for stuff. i have acess to a full machine shop and was thinking of taking a piece of round stock and turning it down to make a sort of pick with a handle and drilling and tapping the handel for a eye bolt to have a place to tie into. i was imagining using a 5-10 ft teather. the plan would be to anchor on the bottom and slowly crawel down stream searching for fossiles. when i hit the end of my teather i can swim up to it, pull it,swim 10ft further and anchor and repeat? what do you all think? do you have any ideas or pictures of similar devices? thanks
could tye a line to one of these -
https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_...71&intAbsolutePage=&LinkedItem=273&search123=

Back
Top Bottom