Anchor Pulley / Bow Roller for Inflatable Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccohn2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All,

We have a 19' Apex RIB. We're looking for a anchor pulley/bow roller to add on. In case my nomenclature is wrong, it's the dealie that the anchor rope goes over when you are pulling the hook. Protects the tubes and makes the anchor easier to pull up. We can't seem to find one anywhere, despite having seen them on other boats. There is even a beautiful pic of one on the cover of dive training magazine on a boat almost just like mine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Brian,

I saw those. You can't mount them to the bow of an inflatable boat without popping the tube though. We seem to have solved the problem. A nice boat dealer in Florida responded to me with a picture of one on a Caribe that will fit my boat too. They aren't actually sold as an accessory, but he got one directly from the mfg. 4-6 weeks from now we'll know if it will truly work. Thanks again!

Carol

I did get the transom fixed. I can't live without the boat! I am totally addicted to it. I had the wood replaced with a composite. $4,800. But now there's no wood on the boat, so nothing left to rot. Supposedly the composite is 4 times stonger than wood. The guy who did the repair, Pro Fiber Glass in Livermore did an awesome job. I would recommend them to anyone.

I use a hillbilly version of a bow roller.

Buy a plastic garbage can and cut the top rim and bottom off. Then cut the remaining cylinder in half longitudinally so you have two nicely curved pieces of plastic protection that shape to your hull. I insalled brass grommits on the top two corners and a singe grommit in the center on bottom. I then just use a piece a of line to attach the top to the rope handholds and then the bottom to the bow eyelet on the hull. This keeps it in place when running and allows me to pull the anchor up over the tube.

If you buy one of the nice commercial cans with that have completely smooth sides you can also use for a gear slide when hauling gear back onto the boat. My boat has a rub strake and then the rope holds so gear can catch when dragging the ditched gear over the tube. The gear slides/anchor roller/crab pot roller make so the gear hauls up nicely. When I dive I install my slide on one side of the boat to be used as the gear slide but I can also retrieve the anchor using the slide because it is forward of my console.

I can send pics if want to see it. I like it because when I don't need it isn't on the boat. I use my boat for sailboat rescue and also around other large boats and a fixed bow roller would knock into the boats too much.

Good luck
Tony

You can make one of these or just purchase this one. They work great and are common in some areas of the country. I have used them and my grandfather used a similar arrnagment. Dive boats often use these as did the boat I went on out of Pensecola a few months back. A thread on another board recently dicussed this method. I think you might find it useful. N

http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=163

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom