Anchorage dive hotel in dominicia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from the Anchorage. I'm wondering if we stayed at the same place.....There are small issues there, it's a little rustic. Jumping in the shower at the same time as 30 other people resulted in little or no water. So, you just wait a little bit to shower. The bottom of the pool needed paint, so? The food was hot, good and the staff very helpful. The price was much better than at Fort Young, the dive boat was a lovely catamaran, a bit difficult to get on and off, but plenty of room for our group of 30. And the dive crew, Francis, Michael, Sherman, Philbert and MacDougal were a hoot. We had great fun with them. On the last night Sherman invited us all into town to hang out. We made new friends, tried "dishwater" (a fish soup made by the locals)and to quote Sherman, "integrated the neighborhood, mon". We're divers, not looking for a five star resort.

Here are my land photos for the trip. I'm not yet willing to publish my underwater shots. There are a few Puerto Rico pics in there. We got stuck there overnight. (a long story for another thread).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vallibdancin/album?.dir=/2b69re2&.src=ph&.tok=phJCoHFBVFJMXYXv

Thanks for the info, we decided to buy a boat, nice Cuddy Cabin, beds bunks, bathroom etc. Now we just may go back to Cozumel in Jan or Feb I love that island also.Have a Great 4th of July,

valligurl:
I just got back from the Anchorage. I'm wondering if we stayed at the same place.....

Yes, sounds like you did. Your reviving this old thread makes a point in the world of the internet...

1) Once posted, it never goes away
2) Repetition makes it true
3) Beware angry posts from first time posters

Now that 2 months have passed since this angry first (and only) post- and the thread starter has offered up no additional posts... about anything... what can one assume?

This is what puts all such first time posts into the highly suspicious category. He joined at the same time he made his one and only post. And YES, most first posts are of a "Hi how'ya doin?" nature

I have seen several similar written by disgruntled ex-employees, or just someone with an "axe to grind".

Take such first time posts for what they are worth.

Precisely why I gave an accurate review of a very diver friendly hotel......

Sorry, but I was recently at the Anchorage for a trip and the service was so bad that we left to stay at another hotel--the evergreen. We also had a group of friends that stayed there and they had problems too. The food was bad, the staff was rude, there were multiple problems with our reservations. Not everyone always has the same experiences. We have traveled all over the Carib and never had such an expereince. We did not expect 5 star accomadations--actually one of our best trips ever was Cayman diving lodge which is very rustic. We just expected the Anchorage to treat us with respect and provide the services they were contracted to provide. They did not and we were not happy, so we left and found a place that would. We saved our trip and had great diving and an enjoyable trip. Now for all those that will blast me about my lack of posts, here: I do not have the luxury to post here frequently but prefer to sometimes just observe and read what others post. Why should that make my post less valuable. Before you judge others remember that everyone has different perceptions, expectations and experiences.

The first post yodelli ever made was two days after the thread began:

yodelli's first post:
May 15
Ron, Not sure why you doubt another poster. Who cares if they have one post, 2000 posts, etc. Many people here are voyers and do not always post.
We actuallly met a couple that stayed at one of our favorite resorts iN bonaire and they hated it. We loved it. Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion.

There was nothing wrong w/ what that poster said--they had positive things to say and negative.

Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same and liked all the same stuff and thought the same. Why do people always judge and assume?

And now, your third lifetime post, two months later....

yodelli:
Sorry, but I was recently at the Anchorage for a trip and the service was so bad that we left to stay at another hotel--the evergreen. We also had a group of friends that stayed there and they had problems too. The food was bad, the staff was rude, there were multiple problems with our reservations. Not everyone always has the same experiences. We have traveled all over the Carib and never had such an expereince. We did not expect 5 star accomadations--actually one of our best trips ever was Cayman diving lodge which is very rustic. We just expected the Anchorage to treat us with respect and provide the services they were contracted to provide. They did not and we were not happy, so we left and found a place that would. We saved our trip and had great diving and an enjoyable trip. Now for all those that will blast me about my lack of posts, here: I do not have the luxury to post here frequently but prefer to sometimes just observe and read what others post. Why should that make my post less valuable. Before you judge others remember that everyone has different perceptions, expectations and experiences.

Well, what will it be, then? Luxury versus prefernce. Hmmmm.

Different perceptions indeed. Two months ago you were defending the angry poster who told tales of woe in regards to his visit. You two have the same ISP address?
(Fill out your profile... how's the weather in Pensacola?)

So, what? You had to immediately select that particular resort and try it yourself to see how bad it really was? Really?

It reminds me of an old Cheech and Chong joke.... "Hey, it smells like dog @#$. Hey, it feels like dog #$%! Hey, it tastes like dog @#$! Sure glad I didn't step in it!

What did you do, go just to confirm how bad it was?

guess you have never heard of dive clubs in the same town!!! My friends were in a dive club, they vistited, I visited later. If you really doubt this they check w/ Andrew the owner of the Anchorage and ask him about the other group of PADI divers and what there experince was. People at the same dive shops go to the same places many times. Get over youself!

Yodelli, I'm not sure what happened with your group at the Anchorage. But, the staff was great to us. I'm a "diva" and found out my room didn't have a balcony. I pouted (sweetly of course) and requested a change of room. I spoke with a young lady at the front desk. I could tell it wasn't convenient for her...but she was very nice and changed my room ( no charge BTW). Not once was the staff rude to our group. We missed a day of diving due to a late arrival, and they could've said "tough luck". But, instead they worked with us and added the dives to the rest of our visit. My guy is very picky about his food, and the staff made sure he got what he wanted daily. He would only eat the shrimp and lobster in the seafood medley and one of the servers picked out everything else for him!!!! Maybe we were in parallel universe Anchorages. :wink:

yodelli:
guess you have never heard of dive clubs in the same town!!! My friends were in a dive club, they vistited, I visited later.

All I said was that you were from Pensacola. I had no clue that Merman Swimming was your "friend". Thanks for the info.

So now, you have let another hot bit of information out. The thread starter, the other (?) guy you so vigorously defended... you're now saying you know him... he's from another dive club in your town.

You decided to go anyway, you still wouldn't take advice from "your friend".

Maybe we shouldn't take advice from "Merman" either.

This isn't an informational thread discussing what is good or bad about a resort. It is instead a pefect example of what makes certain internet exchanges highly suspect.

You can type and argue about this resort all you want. Something smells very odd about these posts.

Get over youself!

Out.

In internet forensics, one looks to subtle clues beyond the technical. Looking even past syntax and grammar, note the use of punctuation. The exact same use by Merman and as well as by Yodelli of the "--" marks is telling. Same style. Could it be?

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom