ancient mariner & United Caribbean...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived it several times. It is a nice dive. About 70 FSW to the sand if I remember. The ship is broken up since the hurricanes over the past few years. When I first dived the wreck it was intact. The Sea Emporer is a barge just off of the United Caribbean. There is a bunch of rocks and cement culverts next to the Sea Emporer where you will see a lot of sea life, there is at least one large Jewfish there and a big Green Moray that likes to visit divers. The Southern Sting Rays like to buz you while you are on the wreck. I have some pics of a nice Anemone on the Sea Emporer. You can do both wrecks on one tank. Fun dive.

http://www.pbcrrt.org/Physical/PhysW_UnitedCaribbean.shtml

I dove the UC seven years ago. I was on it 2 months after it was sunk. I have not been able to find much information on it since. You said that it was broken up, what is the site like now? Do you have any pictures?

The back (Crew quarters and Wheel House) of the United Caribbean is broken away from the front hold section. I believe the back section is on it's side. The front of the boat is mostly broken up and laying in the sand. I have some pics somewhere, but if I remember they aren't very good and the viz was not great on that dive.

well, the dive was kinda awequard, my first drift dive... the current was rippen through there.... we dropped anchor maybe 40 ft north of the wreck (current was headed south) problem was, the boat dragged anchor and when we dropped down, we missed it... but the second dive team that went down got a look at the wreck and said it looked cool, we want to do the dive again when the current slows down a bit, and we have a bigger anchor... lol

all in all, fun drift dive. lots of coral near the emperor...

Sorry you missed the wreck, but you get to try it again. That's always good.

Back
Top Bottom