And the current water temperature is??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last week depending on the site and if it rained I was getting 84-86 on every dive.

Looks like we've got a first time visitor... lots of great general information to be had in the stickies in this forum:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/344524-cozumel-faqs-weather-water-temps-dive-ops-more-updated-july-20-2010-a.html

The following can be found there:
What is the water temp in Cozumel?

The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 – 84+/- range.

December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82

Last week depending on the site and if it rained I was getting 84-86 on every dive.

Those are some crazy high temps Brian! Hope you stayed warm.

Wow- those are some nice temps! Guess I can leave my drysuit at home.

Wait until you get more feedback before making that choice as the calibration may be a bit off on Brian's gauge as it probably is will most devices. It's also important to note if the range he gave was the max temp of each of his dives. I've been to Cozumel almost every month of the year especially September and have never recorded a temp higher 84f which was on 1 dive and IMHO, a fluke. I don't have my log available to tell you exactly what temps I had in September. Not saying my device is any more accurate but I think you find the consensus to be a bit lower if a couple degrees will make a difference to you. YMMV.

Definitely leave your drysuit at home :) Temps are consistently 83/84 right now

The lowest temp I recorded was 83. I thought the 86 was high as well, but a couple of others had the same 86 for a high to my surprise. I was very toasty in my 1mm. The point is that it is plenty warm and very comfortable.

Sept. 16-19 from Barracuda to Maracaibo, temp on my gear was 84. Someone else in the group said 86, but I never saw that on my gauge.

I wore a skin three dives a day and was only too cool when the air temp dropped during rain and after dark. Loooooove those parkas!

Back
Top Bottom