And the wait for warm weather begins..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

softballer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Finished up my confined water course last night and now I unfortunately have to wait for warmer weather (Central, OH) to complete my checkout dives.

Oh well, my LDS gives us free pool time and free equipment rental until check out dives.

I think I will continue to go atleast once a week to the pool and practice my skills prior to completing my OW cert.

It's cool to know that I am all ready for the open water stuff :D

Take full advantage of that free access. You can't get to familiar with the equipment. The more you practice the skills, especially any that challenge you the challenging they will be.

Be sure to spend some time in just your skin-diving gear doing laps and bottom dives.

Pete

Greetings softballer and that is awesome to be ready for OW!
I would like to commend you also on your attitude on training for OW! This is a valuable attitude in your diving future, never take for granted the 18 skills you have been taught. Practice them often and keep them fresh in your mind and they will serve you well. It is great to have access to the pool and I would be in it every chance I could. I have come to use the pool for many trials, buoyancy / trim etc. while adding new gear and configurations.
Have you been told where you check out dives will be? I frequent Gilboa quarry in OH and water temps are still pretty chilly but will warm up fast. We are starting classes in late April for OW "wet suit" if the temps are warm enough.
Congratulations on completing your confined water and good luck with OW!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Greetings softballer and that is awesome to be ready for OW!
I would like to commend you also on your attitude on training for OW! This is a valuable attitude in your diving future, never take for granted the 18 skills you have been taught. Practice them often and keep them fresh in your mind and they will serve you well. It is great to have access to the pool and I would be in it every chance I could. I have come to use the pool for many trials, buoyancy / trim etc. while adding new gear and configurations.
Have you been told where you check out dives will be? I frequent Gilboa quarry in OH and water temps are still pretty chilly but will warm up fast. We are starting classes in late April for OW "wet suit" if the temps are warm enough.
Congratulations on completing your confined water and good luck with OW!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Thanks,

Our checkout dives will be in Circleville, OH which is great since the quarry is about 5 minutes from my house.

Planning to go atleast once a week back to the pool just to keep sharp :D

Free pooltime? AWESEOME!

I echo the above. If I had had free pooltime I'd be in there every weekend with my mask off... and on... and off... and on... :)

Free pooltime? AWESEOME!

I echo the above. If I had had free pooltime I'd be in there every weekend with my mask off... and on... and off... and on... :)

Free pool time and free equipment rental - he is a great guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom