And you thought the HUB was a bad idea!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The Mini-B is opening up the sport of diving to all types of consumers: recreational sports enthusiasts, curious snorkelers that want an underwater experience and boaters - virtually anyone with open water access."

"This product requires current SCUBA certification."

How is opening up the sport of diving to anyone if current SCUBA certification is a prerequisite? Sounds like the sport of diving would already be 'opened up' to the end-user.

By shallow water, do they mean ankle deep like in their advertisement?

What a friggn' joke!

ROFLMAO!

After looking at the web site I'm sold.... I just put all my real scuba equipment up on Ebay. The Mini-B just had so many more advantages over real SCUBA.

From http://www.mini-breather.com/faq.htm#17

17. What is the advantage of the Mini-B kit versus regular scuba diving equipment?
Features and Benefits of the Mini-B Shallow Water Scuba Diving™ kit:
• Lightweight
• Attractive
• Compact
• One Size "Fits All"
• Built-In Handle
• Quality Components
• Perfect for Shallow Water Scuba Diving™

It's for diving in calm. clear water up to 30' deep...how do you stay above this level...I'm really quite curious...anyone know?

According to the FAQ's you can take a course through TDI if you are not a certified diver.

For $850.00, you could get a legitimate set of top of the line gear. This thing and the HUB must be in a contest to see how many divers they can kill.

ElectricZombie:
For $850.00, you could get a legitimate set of top of the line gear. This thing and the HUB must be in a contest to see how many divers they can kill.

If you guys would read the FAQ, #17 CLEARLY outlines the advantages of the Mini-B over conventional scuba. There's really no contest-the Mini-B is so much more attractive than real SCUBA. How can you argue against that?

I am buying one!! LOL. Do you think I would look cool with one of these strapped to my back when they haul my fish eaten blue butt out of the water?
What is the bladder that the reg is sitting on in the pic? Is that the "tank"? There is a hose that runs into the backpack from it.

I'm horrified that they can sell this stuff . And at 850 who buys this sh*t ?

It's marketing. Same stuff different package.
Why does it bother you so much. If the product catches on it will survive the market if it don't it won't. Just like every other new gizmo that comes along. People get ideas(does the name Henry Ford ring a bell) and they go for it. Don't knock them for it. You should ask yourself. What have I come up with lately? If everyone just sat back and didn't try new things we would still be sitting in caves chewing on a bone.
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom