And you thought the HUB was a bad idea!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think casket makers have launched into some lateral manufacturing/marketing . . .

robertphillips5:
I was looking on e-bay and came across this nightmare:
The Mini-B

1. cleaning the bottom of the boat
2. cleaning the pool
3. um... um... cleaning the pool

I can't think of anymore. I tried!

The Kracken:
Every now and then I am so tempted to let loose the "Imp of the Perverse" and do something that makes me laugh out loud, inside . . .

I would LOVE to have one of these things that I could keep secreted away in my dive bag until time to finish gearing up for a dive - pull that sucker out and enjoy the expressions on the faces of all the other divers - and watch my buddy pass out!

Thats one heck of an expensive practical joke... they'd probably laugh just as much if you showed them a picture :eyebrow:

then again...they just might not believe the picture. you better get the real thing

I had one of their reps in our store about two months ago, It was a real challenge to know laugh out loud, which was a shame as he was sooooooooo earnest and I knew him from way back. I told him to try selling it to golf courses so green keepers could empty the water traps of golf balls.

cancun mark:
I had one of their reps in our store about two months ago, It was a real challenge to know laugh out loud, which was a shame as he was sooooooooo earnest and I knew him from way back. I told him to try selling it to golf courses so green keepers could empty the water traps of golf balls.
Well, at least you didn't laugh.

I'm not advocating this unit at all...In fact I think it's just as much garbage as the HUB...Well maybe the HUB is SLIGHTLY less crappy, but they're both useless in my opinion.

However, what I want to say is, it seems a few people (and the website itself) is comparing this system to regular SCUBA gear somehow. It is obviously not meant to be a replacement for regular SCUBA equipment. With a 3.8 cubic tank, that's a third of what most single tank divers use (well at least those that I dive with reguarly), and it would be difficult to find dive buddies who want to dive that way. But seriously, they say that it's a shallow water unit and not meant to go beyond 30 ft or so. That being said, even if I was doing 10 ft dives I wouldn't let anyone I know use it.

Personally, I do deep cold water dives...something about being in the 100-130 range. My gear is not bad for that kind of diving in the recreational sense (Apeks, Zeagle, Whites, etc.). And obviously there is no way anyone can expect me to be a customer of this unit, because even the company says it is intended for shallow water.

cancun mark:
I had one of their reps in our store about two months ago...I told him to try selling it to golf courses so green keepers could empty the water traps of golf balls.
...just so long as the water hazards are clear water less than 30' deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom