Andaman Sea Dive Spots from the Phuket Region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lateralus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What are the best dive sites in the Andaman Sea area without doing a liveaboard from other Phuket region? I'm going with my wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We are touring the whole country for 2 weeks. 4 of those days will be in the Phuket. We can't do a liveaboard since we will be on the move, but we don't mind staying overnight or 2 on an island that is closer to the dive spots. I was thinking of taking a boat trip out the Similan Islands since I hear that is a great place.

Let me know your 2 cents,

Thanks

PS: We always dive Cozumel and love those type of dive areas. We also wouldn't mind seeing a whale shark.

Similans and Richelieu rock would be your best bet. Have not done them for a few years but StevenL will probably pop in and give you LOB information. Enjoy

You could go to Khao Lak, and do a daytrip to Richelieu Rock from there, plus to either Koh Bon or Koh Tachai.

But also the local dives from Phuket can be really nice, so you'd be making your life much more comfortable and get some nice diving in by going to Phi Phi and King Cruiser/Shark Point area.

Make sure you stay away from North Sentinel Island. It could be hazardous to your health.

Se
What are the best dive sites in the Andaman Sea area without doing a liveaboard from other Phuket region? I'm going with my wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We are touring the whole country for 2 weeks. 4 of those days will be in the Phuket. We can't do a liveaboard since we will be on the move, but we don't mind staying overnight or 2 on an island that is closer to the dive spots. I was thinking of taking a boat trip out the Similan Islands since I hear that is a great place.

Let me know your 2 cents,

Thanks

PS: We always dive Cozumel and love those type of dive areas. We also wouldn't mind seeing a whale shark.

I have dived with Sea Fun Divers, based in Phuket, who run a daily day-trip boat to the best dive sites in the area. Lunch & soft drinks provided. A first class operation. They will collect and drop you at your hotel.

Scuba Diving Phuket | Best Dive Shop Kata Karon Patong Speak to Nick

I have also done live aboard trips to the Similans and Richelieu. It's possible to do a shuttle boat to the live-aboard and stay for 1-3 nights. Check the season as Similans Marine Park closes for part of the year.

same area, so yeah mr keyboard warrior...

Bit unnecessary? I think everyone in the region knows the sentilenese and jarawas in the Nicobar islands attitude - the reason why no dive boats go there or ever will - so I can't see any relevance to this thread either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom