Anilao 29 May - 4 June; a family diving trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your photos are amazing!!!! you made me miss anilao a lot!!!

Thanks again.
We really love Anilao - and good news, Cebu pacific will open new route Brunei - Manila starting this August. I can't resist with their promo ticket.
Now the question, what the best time to visit Anilao from August until Dec. or we have to wait until early next year.
We missed Cathedral rock due to bad weather = another good reason

Thanks again.
We really love Anilao - and good news, Cebu pacific will open new route Brunei - Manila starting this August. I can't resist with their promo ticket.
Now the question, what the best time to visit Anilao from August until Dec. or we have to wait until early next year.
We missed Cathedral rock due to bad weather = another good reason

Hi Wisnu,

Glad you enjoyed Anilao and Arthur's Place!

Regarding the weather it's typhoon season from late July to September, however the general rule is the diving is good all year round - except when there is a typhoon nearby :) December/January tend to have the best visibility, but the water is much colder - about 25C.....

If you plan ahead, buy your ticket early, and then a typhoon does hit there's always the option of taking a short internal flight from Manila to Malapascua or Dumaguette - these places are far enough away to miss most typhoons hitting Anilao, but generally are considered to have (almost!) similar macro potential!

In short there's always an alternative if you're unlucky enough to have any typhoon problems in Anilao, the worst case is a direct hit on Manila closing the airport but that should only be a delay rather than a cancellation :)

Hope that helps,

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom