Anilao, Philippines 12/26-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuggler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A little overdue...

It took me an hour to identify this nudi. It's a chromodoris joshi but the one I photographed didn't have a distinct line in the middle. This led me to believe I had found an unidentified nudi and I was ready to name it after my cat. Thanks to David Behrens for sending me back to reality and confirming that it is a chromodoris joshi. :) Still a good find.
IMG_0471.jpg

Gotta have Nemo shots, right?
IMG_0152.jpg

couple emperor shrimp
IMG_0384.jpg

When you chase a fish, you're bound to get a horribly composed shot.
but I had to get it... this was such a "wow, wtf, holy sh*t" moment for me
a linedcheeked wrasse trying to snack on a blue triggerfish
IMG_0450.jpg

unintentional snoot-like shot of a lionfish that was hiding under something
IMG_1119.jpg

warty frogfish
IMG_9976.jpg

poss's scorpionfish
IMG_0185.jpg

A month prior to my Anilao trip, I was on a 7-day liveaboard trip in Komodo, Indonesia. I can proudly say that some of the sites/reefs in Anilao are just as colorful and lush as those I saw in Komodo. (I'm pinay, I gotta represent!)

raining anthias
IMG_0222.jpg

a tornado of jacks
IMG_0819.jpg

another one just because
IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

a blue starfish
IMG_0686.jpg

they look like little sunflowers to me
IMG_0758.jpg

fishy Beatrice
IMG_0969.jpg

Great pics, Fuggler!

Great compositions and expertise. You took solid advantage of some wonderful opportunities--and if you're in luck, no one will say "Gee, you must have a good camera."!! Thanks for sharing. // ww

May I ask what lens you used and how many strobes you have? I'm guessing 2 strobes? I just started doing underwater photography :)

I'm using a Canon T1i in a Sea & Sea RDX-550 housing. For the macro/fish portraits, I used a Canon 60mm and for the wide angle stuff, a Tokina 10-17 fisheye. My strobe setup is kinda weird: a Sea & Sea YS-01 and a Sea & Sea YS-110A, the latter is supposedly more powerful than the other but I haven't noticed the difference.

PS - I love your username.

Gorgeous. going to anilao in may...cant wait:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom