Anniversary Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PToone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I am going to Cozumel next week (YES!!!) with my wife, my wife's sister, and my brother-in-law. My brother-in-law and I are addicted to diving and our wifes have graciously agreed to let us dive a TON on this trip.

My wife and I's 5th anniversary happens to fall on one of the nights we will be in Cozumel. Could anyone suggest a really awesome restaurant for us to visit on our anniversary? I want to take her to a really memorable place to thank her for the GREAT 5 years, and also how much she is letting me dive while she is on the beach! :)

I don't care if it is a back-alley $5 a plate or an ocean front $50 a plate place as long as it is a really cool place and something she will really enjoy! We love all types of food, nothing we won't eat and nothing really that we would prefer to eat over anything else.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

So, I am going to Cozumel next week (YES!!!) with my wife, my wife's sister, and my brother-in-law. My brother-in-law and I are addicted to diving and our wifes have graciously agreed to let us dive a TON on this trip.

My wife and I's 5th anniversary happens to fall on one of the nights we will be in Cozumel. Could anyone suggest a really awesome restaurant for us to visit on our anniversary? I want to take her to a really memorable place to thank her for the GREAT 5 years, and also how much she is letting me dive while she is on the beach! :)

I don't care if it is a back-alley $5 a plate or an ocean front $50 a plate place as long as it is a really cool place and something she will really enjoy! We love all types of food, nothing we won't eat and nothing really that we would prefer to eat over anything else.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

I recommend La Veranda. It's a courtyard restaurant with candlelit tables, indirect lighting, and a fountain, and it's walled and overhung with lush tropical vegetation. They usually have a solo guitarist sitting off to the side playing softly (not walking around the tables hustling tips like in most other places). It's very romantic and the food is very good, too.

Is it May yet?

LaVerenda or Wynstons (maybe called Prima's Two).

LaVerenda has a gazebo you can reserve. Very romantic.

Wynstons is on top of the El Cantil condo's water front.

Either one would make me happy! :)

Great suggestions. La Verenda looks perfect; thats my pick as of right now. Thanks for your help.

LaVerenda or Wynstons (maybe called Prima's Two).

LaVerenda has a gazebo you can reserve. Very romantic.

Wynstons is on top of the El Cantil condo's water front.

Either one would make me happy! :)

The wife and I will be down next week also, celebrating our 26th at Wynstons, great sunset view.:crafty::crafty:

While diving, catch her the meal you will enjoy together on your anniversary, outside of the marine park, of course. Bring it to the restaurant and ask the chef to do something special with it. Might sound Neanderthal to some, some may love it but, either way, she'll never forget that you "provided" something special for her. And any chef worth his toque would enjoy the creative challenge and the break from the routine of the daily menu as well.

Great suggestion. I'll have to bring my catch to the restaurant; I read that they will cook anything you bring in for $15!

Nice!

Great suggestion. I'll have to bring my catch to the restaurant; I read that they will cook anything you bring in for $15!

Nice!

Hey, even if you don't catch anything it doesn't matter. Go to the local fish monger, get something, show up in your dripping wet suit after the dive with your prize (a bandage on your left index finger helps - you were wounded in the struggle) and present your trophy to your beloved. Then trot it on over to the chef and let him take it from there. I gaurantee you will have a night to rival your honeymoon! Ah, love.....

Haha, great idea geokr.

I have been trying to call them and email them to get reservations and I can't get them to respond. I guess I'll just have to rely on luck to get the Gazebo. Here's hoping...

Thanks for all your suggestions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom