Annual Service for Dive Computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no such thing as a service on a computer as there is nothing to service apart from replacing the battery (and perhaps o-ring0. Some computers need battery replacement every year, some every few months, some every few years, some, like old Uwatecs, lasted about 7 years.

First off no you don't need to have it annual service. There are two type of service that can be done, one by the Dive Centers where they pressure test it and they do a current draw reading on the computer. The second is the manufacture where they do a total rebuild. Just like a SPG the transducer can get hit with 3000psi of saltwater which happens because the dust cap is not dried off, The digital one you will know right away spg you won't know until an un-pportune time. Think about it you one the dive boat in the tropics you leave your computer in the sun and it get over 140f the you jump into the cool ocean, you looking at over 50 degree temp change in just a few minutes not good for most matierales and electronics.

I still dive my original Aladin Pro, branded "Beuchat", I bought new in 1990; done nothing except for a battery change once in a while. Still works wonderful, but I don't do any deco dive anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom