Annual service grace period?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleOh7

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know if Mares allows a grace period for the annual service/inspection?

I have the Abyss 22 Extreme and had it serviced under warranty in May 2012. Unfortunately time got away from me and I didn't get it in this past Spring. So this year it should just need inspected if I understand the warranty, but again, it's still 6 months late now. I have called my LDS and they are looking into it, but did not inspire confidence since although they are a Mares Lab service-center, they didn't know Mares had a parts for life program (Maybe the Mares certified technician just didn't happen to be in when I called).

As per warranty policy you need to service annually within 45 days from anniversary date of your purchase.
Mares is very strict about it. Mares is also very conservative. I had one year only 7 dives on my Abyss 42 and had to argue a lot about need for the annual service as we users pay for the service and Mares for parts. In my case I consider it a waste of money for all parties but LDS who did the service.
Aqualung gives you 50 dives or 2 years. Atomic is even more liberal...
Hope you will not lose your warranty for missing the service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom