Another A40/S30 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdTravels

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

Read the post a little way down re the Canon A40 & S30. Like the results of both. No, not made a descision yet.
My question is regarding add-on lenses and has anyone tried them. As I'm aware, Sea&Sea make wide and Macro lenses that can be fitted to the housing, via an adapter, for both these cameras. The wide angle is probably more of a must (especialy as I intend to use it first in a mexican cenote) as I believe you can actually get quite close to the subject using the built in Macro mode? is this assumption correct (or even phrased in a way people underatand).

Any info/advice welcome.

Thanks

Ad

Originally posted by AdTravels
as I believe you can actually get quite close to the subject using the built in Macro mode?

I can only speak with experience on the A40, but yes, I've found in the wonderful visability that is new england waters, optimal photo range with my flash is about 3-4 feet. Close up [12-18 inches] isn't great, but the pics come out enough to take home a memory...

I'm definately planning on picking up a macro kit, and I think it might have moved up ahead of my desire for a strobe.

Surely you will need the strobe for macro shots though?

Thanks for the pics, give me some idea.

Originally posted by AdTravels
Surely you will need the strobe for macro shots though?

Eventually/possibly, but the way I'm figuring it, the internal flash does a decent job covering the photo area when shooting from the same distance that I would be for the Macro shots, but I'll have to see when I get it/try it out. The strobe would be nice, and definately would make for better pics, but I'm not convinced it would be necessary...

well made :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom