Another ? about Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blighty

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'll be in Belize in July on Amerbris Caye. I'm staying at a place that does not have a dedicated on-site dive operation. So, I'm looking for a dive-only package from a reputable shop that can pick me up at my hotel dock. Many comments on the board discuss hotel/dive packages. I would love to get to some of the spots farther afield (e.g., Lighthouse, etc.).

Any thoughts from those that have been there recently? If you have an email address, that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks very much.

Hi Gaz,

My wife and I will be staying at Mata Chica. We arrive late in the afternoon on July 12th. We will be in Ambergris Caye for five days before heading into the interior of the country to see the ruins.

We are both certified and would love to get some great diving in while we're down there. What kind of dive package can you entice us with?

:)

Hi Blighty-

I did a lot of reserch in several places and got a lot of recommendations. Gaz Cooper was the most recommended and that is who we are going with. We leave the Thursday.

Gaz was also very helpful in recommending sites.

Have a great time

Kyle

Hi Kyleterry,

I appreciate your response. If you are back prior to the 12th, I would love to hear from you about your trip.

I've seen other recommendations regarding Gaz too. Are you staying with him or with another hotel? Since we are at Mata Chica, I'm looking for a dive operation that will pick us up.

Any other hints or suggestions that you found helpful that you would care to share?

Thanks a bunch for your time,

Blighty

Hi Blighty

I do all of the diving for Mata chica and am located literally 2 minutes up the beach.

We pick up every day at 8.50am and return you after diving

See you soon

All the best

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom