Another British diver dies at Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
When I saw the email alert I hoped it was a followup to http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/360183-malta-scottish-diver-discovered.html last month, but this seems to be a new loss, same harbor...
INDEPENDENT online British diver dies

A 44-year-old British diver died in hospital yesterday after finding himself in difficulties diving off Cirkewwa.

The police said they were informed about the diver’s situation at about 11.20am. When they got to the site the police established that he found himself in difficulties as he was on his way up.

His instructor realised the diver’s difficulties and went to assist, waiting for an ambulance, whose medical team continued with the assistance. The ambulance made it to hospital but a short time later the diver was declared dead.

Duty magistrate Audrey Demicoli is conducting an inquiry.
timesofmalta.com - Briton dies after diving problems

A British diver has died, soon after finding himself in difficulties while swimming at Cirkewwa.

The police said the 44-year-old Briton was seen to be in difficulties as he came out of the water at about 11.30.

Another diver gave him first aid and called an ambulance, but the diver passed away soon after being admitted to Mater Dei Hospital.

Magistrate Audrey Demicoli is holding an inquiry.
Now we know much the news media confuses things at times. This story is dated today but seems to be about last month's loss: INDEPENDENT online

For clarification; there was an incident there on AM of 07 Dec 2010. I believe the Times of Malta article refers to this incident.
Thoughts & wishes are with family & friends & this sad time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom