Another disgusting, misinformed and illdisposed movie : Shark night 3D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yup.

We rented it last night.

One of the crazier scenes was the shark jumping clear out of the water to munch on the guy hanging from the tree.

There were others equally as believeable. Don't want to be a spolier though.

In absolutely agree with your sentiments about this type of movie. And I have been diving around reef sharks and sand tigers. I don't have any desire to go on a shark feeding dive.

As for a shark clearing the water, I was watching a Blue Planet episode last week about great whites following the seal migrations. They had pictures of a great white clearing the water with a seal in its mouth following a strike. Scared the heck put of me. I will just stay away from those monsters, if one hit you it would likely spit you out, but you might be in pieces.

These apex predators deserve our respect.

I also saw this film and could not believe how bad they make sharks look!
It just made me angry just another film which introduces many different types of sharks this
time not just the great white and media has such an influence on people now days so this film
was a no for me i'm afraid!

It has not been released yet here in Argentina, but as can be seen in the trailer, and publicity, the new bad one is a shark.
This type of movies only increases the hate, misinformation and misunderstanding of the general public about sharks and all the good they do to our oceans.

https://www.facebook.com/SharkNight3D

Shark Night 3D Trailer 2011 HD - YouTube

Shark Night 3D - Official Movie Website

I saw as much of the film as I could stomach. All I can say is that if a person is so stupid that they can enjoy a movie this far from feasible fiction, then that person is not a candidate for any kind of opinion for the rest of the world to care about. Pretty much, if someone likes this movie, they are severely brain damaged. In other words, this film can do no damage to societal attitudes on sharks.

Based on a true story apparently....:D

Unfortunately movies like this can do damage to sharks as the f'idiots rule the masses. There are guys that watch this and then go out shark fishing and justify it as doing the world a favour.

Kill 'em all I say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom