Another exercise question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcgoose

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, I don't want to appear over zealous about this, but I wouldn't mind hearing others feedback if they have exercised (vigorously) prior to diving. 1-2 hours prior.
I have been reading DAN, Army, Navy and other's opinions and it's not too conclusive. If anything there is a negative effect exercising post dive, however, there is evidence to support a positive effect predive.
Just wondering if anyone runs/exercises vigorously prior to diving?
Thanks

exercise before does not have the same effect beforehand...exercise (especially vigorous) after can at times lead to decompression sickness or decompression illness. treat strenuous exercise similar to no fly times.

:)

Hi bcgoose:

It appears that PREdive nuclei are crushed by the pressure of the dive.

Activity at the bottom, during ascent, and on the surface is not good. Mild activity POSTdive is fine becasue it promotes blood flow and offgassing. Stenuous activity promotes nuclei formation/growth. This is bad for the outcome.:shakehead: [This idea is based on work I performed while at NASA.]

Back
Top Bottom