Another Fan of Lake Travis Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally had the opportunity to join the Lake Travis Scuba fan club on Friday. I ran into Robert out a Windy Point last weekend and managed to win myself a spot on the official Devils Cove Anchor Recovery Team. Since the Swampers seem to be into acronyms these days – that’s the LTS-DCART from now on. After a few aborted attempts, we managed to assemble the team on Friday and head out to Devils Cove to do my very first search and recover salvage dive.

The dive itself was standard Travis muck and mud, and after running the sweep patterns, I’m not sure how anyone finds anything that’s lost in the water, but that’s another story.

The real story for this post is that I want to add my own voice to the growing legions of Fans of Lake Travis Scuba (FOLTS). Robert runs one seriously class operation. What most impressed me was Robert himself. He has an obvious love and excitement about diving Travis and he is eager to share it with everyone who gets on his boat. In just one sweep of the Cove and a bonus drop into the old scuba park, I feel like I’ve discovered a whole new lake. I for one hope to spend my summer filling my Lake Travis Scuba Frequent Diver Card.

bogrady
DIMWIT #1
LT-DCART
FOLTS

You guys are killing me with these acronyms. I'll have to carry a cheat sheet. Maybe it should be submitted as a PADI course?!?
I have to agree with bogrady. This was my second trip out with Robert and I'm ready for the next. The recovery, though unsuccessful, was quite interesting. My first search dive so it was a learning curve for me. I was lucky enough to be diving with ChrisPete and learned quite a bit from him.
The bonus dive at the Old Scuba Park turned out to be quite successful. The viz at 50 - 60' was around 8-10' in places. bogrady and I discovered that the map is not quite as accurate as it used to be...or there's stuff down there they missed. At any rate, Robert has it bouyed and marked on the GPS. You should set up a trip with him and check it out for yourself.

Last edited:
Robert runs one seriously class operation. What most impressed me was Robert himself. He has an obvious love and excitement about diving Travis and he is eager to share it with everyone who gets on his boat. ...I for one hope to spend my summer filling my Lake Travis Scuba Frequent Diver Card.

I couldn't agree more! :D I went out this morning for the second time with Lake Travis Scuba and thoroughly enjoyed myself...again. Robert is awesome and so is his boat, The Giant Stride. His operation is all about the diver and he makes sure everyone has a great time!

We dove Tom Hughes and Mansfield dam this morning. The vis was great at both locations. I didn't go deep on either dive...105' at Tom Hughes and 80' at the dam. The vis never got below 5'-8' and was in the 20'+ range at some depths.

The best part was that we didn't have to do any hiking or long swims to get to either site. We started our Mansfield Dam dive right in the middle of the river channel with a short 20' swim over to the dam. Can't complain about that! :wink:

Thanks for another great boat dive, Robert...and thanks to Dave for inviting me along! I had a great time! :)

Ditto, thoughtfully rigged boat, lots of safety equipment, friendly skipper who is very knowlegeable about diving, no problema attitude. The best bargain I've run into since I have gotten into SCUBA.

I was with K-valve and mfigaro. The dam dive was awesome!

Were you on your rebreather....I noted it on the SB bio. information...? :)

I don't know anything about rebreathers! I must have accidently changed that part of my profile!
Not your fault. That's something the Scubaboard guys added so everyone's profile defaulted to showing we all use rebreathers. You just have to go into you user control panel and change it.

Not your fault. That's something the Scubaboard guys added so everyone's profile defaulted to showing we all use rebreathers. You just have to go into you user control panel and change it.

I'm sure that bug has been the death of many flat screen soft panel monitors.

I'm sure that bug has been the death of many flat screen soft panel monitors.

You are so correct. At work I just got a new 42" LCD monitor for my computer. You should see that bug on a screen that big :confused: I did catch myself shooing it away.

Back
Top Bottom