Another hydro poll

'k. How/who do your hydros get done in the US??

• Local dive shop that does them in house, includes new VIP sticker and a hot fast fill...

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Local dive shop that does them in house, ala carte, just hydro and other services extra (VIP, HFF..

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Local dive shop that sends them out to a DOT licensed outfit, w VIP & fill after

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Local dive shop that sends them out, ala carte, just hydro, and other services extra

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Direct with a non-dive focused requalifier (fire suppression, industrial gas supplier, etc.)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Just toss 'em and buy new tanks every five years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Again, I was limiting scope for the poll to USA as regs vary. However, If you're international and wish to let us know how hydro works in your neck of the woods please leave us a note. That'd be interesting too

Can’t vote, first option is close but not the hot fill.
Any fill .... terms are relative and in jest there.

I just have to ride the LDS I most use (because it's closest and fills are free), depending on who is doing it, it may indeed be an incomplete fill (often at 2800 when I get it home) so I was just poking fun at them.... I usually come back half an hour later and ask them to top off now before I leave.

Other shops in town, to my experience, allow for Mr. Boyle and his law and will fill to around 3,200-3,300# which by the time if cools off will be right around 3,000 or a little bit proud of that mark.

We are a free country, no requirements for anything, free for all!!!

No hydrotesting facilities here and I am the only certified VCI inspector in the country. I see lots of scary shiit.

Can't vote as poll is somewhat ambiguous. Some options do not make sense (at least to me).

I'm in Canada, and the 1st option would be the closest, except I get fantastic fills, consistently. My LDS is tech focused, and lucky for me, the best shop in the area. Steel doubles are the norm for their local divers, so I always get great service with minimal (no) fuss. They also happen to be Canada's oldest Padi shop, but also teach under other agencies.

Not in poll. Drive 3.5hrs to dive location that ships out to their local hydro who so far will plus my old 72’s. (Last time took 4-5 months and a few discussions with the hydro guy directly, but got my +’s.)

Not in poll. Drive 3.5hrs to dive location that ships out to their local hydro who so far will plus my old 72’s. (Last time took 4-5 months and a few discussions with the hydro guy directly, but got my +’s.)
That would be #3 or #4, depending on what other services may be included or excluded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom