Another Liquid Skin Mask question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaSoulSelf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a LS mask a year ago, wasn't able to uses it until about a month ago. I could get it to seal in our LDS and loved the feel of the LS.

When I was on our trip, the trouble began. (yes, I know) Had terrible flooding problems. Every time I equalized, the seal broke at the base of the nose. Every time I did the "Bewitched" nose wiggle when i had an itch, it leaked. If I grinned too big under water, it leaked at the eyes.

My choices are: either get another mask or Botox.

One thought -- would silicone goop help with the seal?

And no I don't have that menopause mustache -- yet. ;-)

Thanks!

Hmm. Is it possible that the strap could be too tight?
+1 on that...

I have the LS mask and for the first 2 days of diving I had a fair amount of annoying leakage. I found that once I loosened up the mask more than I would normally the leaking stopped. Completely. I think the LS is so soft that it will deform easily under too much strap tension. Now that I have it what I would consider looser than any other mask I've used it does not leak at all. Plus now I can hardly even feel that I am wearing a mask.

Thanks, I will try that... i normally don't have mask straps too tight -- but I will try extra loose on this mask.

I also plan on taking the old standby scubapro - just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom