Another new guy asking about cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen some GREAT photos taken with the g11 using the canon housing and the built in flash. It is more on the photographer than the camera. Look up some of Gilligan's work. Personally I have the g12 in a recsea housing with a single YS-10 strobe. For the first 6 years I used a pocket camera, a mini reefmaster. Not a great camera if you work for national geographic but I could keep it in my pocket till I saw something I wanted to immortalize and out it came. After the shot back into the pocket it went leaving me free to focus on diving. There is a lot to be said for simplicity and convenience. I still enjoy those photos even though most have a green cast to them (It wasn't till much later I learned about white balance. The most difficult thing for a vacation diver is the tendency to forget what you learned on the last dive trip. I have that problem and I go on 3-4 trips per year with 20 - 25 dives per trip. Perhaps it won't be a problem for you but take it into consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom