Another noob you betchya from Minnesota!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trance

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy! I figured I would come by real quick and say a brief introduction. I'm 33 from MN and am taking my first scuba class in just under two weeks from now. I am overly excited I will say. I grew up on the lake, and was a life guard for a few years. I have always loved snorkeling and have dreamed of going deeper and staying under longer, and now is the time I have a chance to begin hopefully a lifelong hobby! I have diligently been choosing my equipment and learning about whats out there today. Thus far I have gotten my mask, fins, snorkel, boots, BCD, bags, spring straps, cleaner/defog. Open water dives will likely come in May so by then I plan to have my wetsuit by then. Reg and computer may take a bit longer as I will likey take a fancy to something high tech and we all know what that means!

I may be guilty of walking around the house in my BCD already and I have been tempted to toss the mask on and dip my face in my reef tank but I am resisting that at the moment :)

I am looking forward in learning more about the hobby and some day share what I can with others!

-Trance

Hiya Trance,

I didn't buy my gear till 40 dives in but I STILL wore all of it (minus the fins, at least) and pranced around at home as soon as I got it - couldn't wait to get it wet! I didn't really appreciate how much fun gear could be until later on :)

Welcome to diving. I'm still new at 90 dives but loving every moment! You'll love it also!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Trance,

Welcome to the internet’s portal taking you directly into the realm of Poseidon.:admingreet:

Goodluck with your course...it is just the beginning.

~Oldbear~
:colours:

I'd try to respond in my Minnesota accent, but as I'm a Wisconsinite, it'd be a mere shadow of the original, don'cha know...

I see a lot of myself in your story -- I got certified last summer at 32, got 16 dives in before cold weather, can't wait for this summer, and very occasionally wander around the house wearing a couple pieces of scuba gear (helping me dream of warmer weather and amusing the others who live here).

Have a great time at class!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom