Another o-ring question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texfrazer

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thus far, I have been quite successful in collecting the necessary information about the various o-ring sizes, locations to purchase them, material and hardness, etc.

However, I am having difficulty in finding non 2 or 3 based sizes. As the 2 and 3 based sizes correspond to the AS568A standard put out by SAE, they are readily available. However, I am having difficulty in finding 5 based sizes.

I can get the ID and width dimensions and approximate with either standard or metric as necessary, but I was wondering if anyone had a source for finding these sizes (especially the 5-101 and 5-125 since I'm working on SP products).

Thanks!

Tex

P.S. An early thanks for all of the awesome posts and info shared, as it allows those of us who aren't on here as much to gain a world of information without having to re-ask questions (at least too often).

My Parker catalog indicates they may still have tooling for those 5- sizes; but what application are you planning for them. Between 2- and metric sizes, I have found o-rings for almost all my Scubapro applications. I did end up buying the 2.2 X 1mm BP o-rings from scubapro although I had found a source in Europe. Is that what you plan on using the 5-101 for?

What applications are you trying to fill?

Yeah, I saw the Parker info too.

For applications, the D400 lists the 5-125 and the G250 lists the 5-101 (these are coming from the o-ring database provided on airspeedpress's website). I've matched the sizes up with metrics, but was just wondering if anyone ever worried about these.

Of note, it's also possible that I'm speaking out of the wrong end, as I have until recently depended upon SP kits. Effectively, I'm getting a stock of the ones that I'll be using.

Thanks for the help!

I suspect that 5-101 is in place of the scubapro o-ring 010.50.363 which is metric 2.2mm ID and 1mm wide. I am trying to extend the life of my supply by only using a new o-ring in the inner sealing position and using used ones in the outer scraper position. I did find a source overseas but they required a volume buy I was not interested in.

Is that D-series o-ring part of the poppet assembly (SP# 01-050-323)? (That part # is old and may have been updates.)

Yeah, I like to swap my outer for the inner and replace the outer as well.

The 01-050-323 is part of the poppet assembly. As an fyi, I haven't seen any updates on this one in any of the kits I've used, but that doesn't always mean much.

If necessary, I'll try see if I can get one that's "close enough" to work. Since these are all in 2nds, I'm not as concerned about catastrophic failure, but I would prefer to get the correct sizes if I could.

You might try Apple Rubber (applerubber.com). Their catalog lists around 2000 different sizes. I don't know how many of them are stock, but it can't hurt to ask.

D

I have been using these for about 30 hours dive time on my scubapro poppet and don't have any issues... it is 2.5 instead of 2.2

From McMaster...
9263K546
(Same as 9263K11)
Metric Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-Ring 1 mm Width, 2.5 mm ID
In stock at $3.38 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 25

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom