Another official new diver! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Psode27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just finished my last dive on Sunday at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio. If you are somewhat local, put that place on your list of places to go! Pretty sweet place (not that I have any where to compare it to...) On Monday I went to the LDS and ordered a ton of new toys! Ordered an AL dimension, AL Legend/airsource3, suunto vyper air. Also signed up for nitrox and AOW sometime in the spring! Not really much else to say I guess, just pretty excited!

Way to go. Water getting a little chilly yet in Ohio? Looks like you've started to open the wallet.

Well if the water gets too cold and you really have the need to submerge you can always plan a trip
down to Florida where diving season is a year round thing.

Congrats, it sounds like you definitely have the diving bug.

Congrats.

Go easy on the toys - take your time to collect them

Yes It is safe to say I have the bug... I live in an are of Indiana where the "LDS" is an hour+ away, not awful, but far enough. There is some local diving near me but without the ability to rent stuff I bit the bullet and bought some stuff. Really the only "tough" decision was the BCD which I have tried previously (actually the AL Balance, but very similar) and really liked. My decision was really only between a BP/w vs back inflate BCD. I wish it had been easier on the wallet though! I was talking to a coworker the other day and it turns out her father owns a quarry and no one has dived it. He was looking to bump into a diver some day because he wanted to know what was in the bottom! I told him I might be able to help him out! :). My best friend went through OW with me and he bought stuff too so with any luck we will be in the water as soon as our stuff arrives! Hopefully when payday comes a scuba tank in certification will show up cheap on Craigslist.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom