Another PCLogbook question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was playing with the simulator function on pc logbook and when I do a printout of simulation the max depth value seems to be about 3 times the actual max depth shown on graph. Is this a known bug? is there a patch out to correct it?

Attached is an example.

Attachments

• No Document Name1.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 129
HI Nadmat-
It appears that the simulation data is correct when used in meters, however, as you have found when used in feet, the data is incorrectly calculated. There is no updated version from 4.0 at present, but we will keep you informed as to an updated version with fix.
Thank you.

When I import my dive data into the logbook, the sea/fresh always stays at sea.

attached are log book pages printed from 4 dives on sat. on first dive I had left the sea/fresh setting on sea, changed it on surface interval, then dove it 3 more dives. in the profile data on computer it reflects the correct setting, but shows only sea on the logbook.

Once again, the more I dive the sapience, the more I like it in water, but the software is buggy as a new microsoft os. As I use the interface more, it is becoming less clunky, not the way I would design, but seems usable enough except for noted obvious problems and lack of access to important (to me) dive info.

The temp data has got to be there, only way to get an avg dive temp (which it does show) but no way to access it through pclogbook that I can find.

Attachments

• LTStrip.pdf
    145.7 KB · Views: 140
Hi NadMat-
Thanks again for the information. We have passed along this and previous info and are awaiting software update information and/or patches.

Some more information on the sea/fresh issue. Today I went out and did one shallow search dive for a lost weight pouch. the computer was still set to fresh from last weeks dives. when I downloaded the information it showed fresh in the log for that dive. the difference may be that I started the series of 4 dives last week set to sea, changing to fresh on 2nd dive, where todays single dive started as fresh, perhaps I will change settings next dives to recreate original issue.

Attachments

• mattssearch.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 112
Ok, since all dives are in computer, I tried downloading them into a new lgb file and on this download the correct sea/fresh indication is shown.

It appears the data imports correctly and stays correct till you save the lgb file, at which point everything becomes sea. Hope this helps to find the bug.

Any update on software patches/updates? I would like to be able to save the info and have the sea/fresh data saved correctly at some point before I loose my oldest dives.
I have checked the web site and saw only current 4.00 version offered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom