Another question for board regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How do I know if some one sends me a private message on these boards? If I send someone a private message how do I know they will get the message or look for the message for that matter?

If you are online when someone sends you a PM, a message window will pop-up to let you know you have one and ask if you want to go there now. If you aren't online at the time, the next time you login, that same window will pop up.

To check, send, and/or manage your PM's, go to the top of the page and click on User CP (Control Panel). On a bar at the top, on the right will be Private Messaging. Click there to go to your PM's.

Like email, you can tell if your PM's have been read. You can also tell if PM's you have sent have been read...tracking, and there's a record of all PM's you have sent. These choices are in different folders that are easy to switch to.

That help?

Thanks Dee. I was surprised when that window thing popped up all of a sudden. I thought I had done something wrong to the computer.

I just know that I have one when I open my e-mail and it says that I have a pm from someone from here. I then cut and paste the address and go there. It says to click on the link if I want to accept it, but it is not a link that you can open by clicking on it.

Later, Hawk.

Don't forget to occasionally clean out *ALL* of your mail boxes (Inbox, sent, tracking). If your storage exceeds what TechAdmin has set for the maximum, you won't be able to receive any new messages. You can send them, but can't get any new ones.

--TM (the e-mail post man only beeps twice)

Back
Top Bottom