Another quick trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is very atypical for turtle behaviour even though I have no doubt that this one has been trained to eat lion fish. I would like to see a marine biologist's opinion about green turtles eating any kind of fish aside from invertebrates!

Hey Ken, I believe it's same turtle according to Jorge. On Colombia Deep, quite aggressive even if divers were not carrying any lionfish.

I dove Columbia Deep last Friday morning. After the safety stop, I surfaced to notice a med. size Greenie right near me, within one or two feet of my head! By the time I fumbled with my GoPro trying to push play, it was already swimming away. I wonder if it was the same hungry guy, lol.

I dove Columbia Deep last Friday morning. After the safety stop, I surfaced to notice a med. size Greenie right near me, within one or two feet of my head! By the time I fumbled with my GoPro trying to push play, it was already swimming away. I wonder if it was the same hungry guy, lol.

Very likely the same turtle. It likes to come up to divers on safety stops and check people out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom